Sunday, 19 February 2012

Pasta me a new recipe.

As I'm sure everyone knows, there are lots and lots of different pasta sauce recipes out there. I love to hear about all the different ways to make them, so today I will share mine with you, so you have one more for your recipe book !

I made a batch of it this week, I usually do every 2 weeks or so, as I freeze most of it for those quick supper nights. This way, even if we are in a hurry, we can still have a homemade meal in just over 10 minutes ! Nothing beats a home cooked meal right ?

Alright, bare with me as I never measure anything when making my sauce. I'll do my best at giving you the approximate measurements !
Oh, one more thing. I didn't take any pictures of the "sauce in the making" this week, my apologies on that one, BUT, I'm sure you all know what sauce looks like...it's red and delicious ! :)

Here we go :

A family pack of lean ground beef
One onion
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 small cans of tomato paste
2 cans of tomato soup
2 jars of tomato sauce - different types (I switch these up every time I go to the grocery store, but most times I use the Classico sauce - spinach & tomato and 4 cheese)
A bit of pepper
1/2 - 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons of Basil
About the same for Oregano
And about the same for Thyme
Sheesh, I told you I don't measure - I usually just dump some in, then let it cook for an hr and taste it and sometimes throw some more in !

Chop your onions and cook them with your hamburger meat until cooked.
Add all ingredients and cook on medium heat - keep stirring.
I usually make mine first thing in the am and let it cook on LOW all day long.
The longer it cooks the better it tastes.
 BUT if you are in a hurry you can do all this in 30 minutes.
 Like mentioned above cook on medium but keep checking and stirring it to prevent burning.

* If I have some Parmesan cheese I usually grate some up and add that to the sauce as it's cooking. I also sometimes chop a few mushrooms up really small and add those too. You can really add anything you want to the sauce, but the Mr. (& I) like it best with just the original recipe.

Hope you  enjoy my pasta sauce !

Post ya tomorrow
Bye.Cya

No comments:

Post a Comment