Phew - it's good to almost be back to routine.
Last week was a bit of a right off.
I'm not complaining but, it was one of those "nothing went right" type of weeks.
Every project I attempted failed, and because of my many attempts, my housework got placed on the back burner.
This all snowballed and when I woke up this morning I thought, "When the beep did a mess tornado hit the inside of our home ?"
Not only did I have a messy house, failed projects, and an abundance of laundry and dishes, I also seemed to have given myself a little gym injury.
Don't worry it only resulted in me not being able to straighten my right arm.
Looks a bit funny when I walk.
"I will not fail at projects, I will not fail at projects. I will catch up on laundry"
Today I will show you a little quick upcycled project I finished this morning !
Alright so, technically I made this wreath last week, using pipe insulation as the base, which formed the circle.
BUT - this is what it looked like after having hung on my door for 24 hours.
A big fat FAIL.
I really wasn't lying was I ?
Turns out the pipe insulation wasn't solid enough to put up with mother natures mood swings.
Bent could be one word to describe it.
Dear pipe insulation - we are no longer business partners.
Bring on the thrift store already made wreaths.
I ripped apart the first one I made and used the same material.
The material used was found in a "scrap bin" at our local fabric store for 50 cents.
Seriously, check those bins out - I always find the best deals !
I cut the material in stripes and wrapped it around my wreath, covering the wood.
I then made a few accessories for the wreath with other scraps I had lying in my craft bins.
The bird came in a pack of 2 for a dollar and the letter P was part of a wooden alphabet pack for 1 dollar !
The whole project cost me a total of : 5 dollars - and this was counting my "failed first attempted"
Can't beat that !
Thanks for stopping in today ! Post ya Wednesday !