Whoa - it's been a while since I've posted a Mr.'s Favorite meal of the week, but this one is a goody !
Skinny Chicken Parm
What you will need :
Boneless chicken breasts
Whole wheat pasta
Low fat grated moza cheese
Veggie choice (We picked onions and mushrooms our fav, especially done on the BBQ!)
Low fat marinara sauce
Panko bread crumbs
What you do :
1) Using a cooking brush, spread a small amount of olive oil on your chicken breast. Making sure to cover the whole breast.
Healthy portions of chicken for woman are about 4 ounces. Men roll around 8 ounces. Remember portion control is SO important !2) Place your Panko bread crumbs on a plate and roll your chicken breast in them, covering them completely.
3) Cook chicken in oven for about 20 minutes on a high of 350. (Time varies on oven type)
4) While chicken is cooking, cook your whole wheat pasta as directed.
Portion size of cooked pasta - women 1/2 a cup to 3/4 of a cup. Men 1 cup.5) Cook your choice of veggies in a small amount of olive oil or on the BBQ - this will be a side to your main dish. (As shown in picture above)
6) Warm a small amount of marinara sauce over the stove top on medium for a few minutes.
7) Grate a small amount of low fat moza cheese.
8) Once all is cooked, top noodles with chicken, a small amount of sauce and cheese. Add your veggie side dish to your plate.
9) Enjoy !
Thanks for stopping in today - Hope everyone had a great weekend !